Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What a Year!

I am writing this as less than 2 hours remain in the year 2012. Last year this time, I was longing for my two children in Ghana. I wanted to see them, hold them and finally welcome them into our family.

2/14/2012 Joy and Kofi joined our silly family and we began a journey to healing, thriving and learning. All of us have changed and stretched our ability to love and care for one another. They have blessed us and we have all grown closer.


And later this year, I saw the face of my daughter. As much as I wasn't actively looking to adopt again, my heart remained open to the possibility. Now I am glad I didn't miss out on this little blessing.



I have had a year where strangers have become close friends and some close friends have become strangers. It's been hard to experience changes, but sometimes it's needed to grow.

This was a year of growth for our entire family, but the award for "most growth" (if there is such thing) goes to my first born. Not only did she have 2 new younger siblings overnight, she has openly welcomed another one alongside with us. And she has begged to be able to go to Ghana to visit her siblings homeland and meet her baby sister. And in meeting people, holding babies and listening and learning, she has completely amazed me.
Out of 30-something years of my life, I can say 2012 has changed me the most, stretched me the most and blessed me the most. Can't wait to experience all that 2013 has in store. A new daughter and hopefully more stamps in my passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment