Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful Thanksgiving

We are here! Emmi and I traveled 22 hours, 3 flights, 4 airports and lots of time to spend together. She is the best travel partner anyone could want. We arrived late in the evening and headed to our hotel.

The next day (yesterday) was Thanksgiving in the US. For me, it was a day to give thanks and to meet my daughter for the first time. I will write about it in more detail when I get home, but for now I can say: she is a beautiful, sweet and cuddly little girl. I am so thankful to be here and to finally meet her.

Some of her medical needs are apparent and I know we will discover more along the way. But I know that if nothing were to change, if no medical interventions would work, she is perfect just as she is. And we will love her just as she is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment