Thursday, October 4, 2012

Adoption progress

This weekend we met with our dear social worker to update our home study. The timing of our second adoption warranted only an update (=less paperwork and running around gathering signatures) and we didn't need to do a whole new home study. I remember being so nervous the first time around, I organized every closet and alphabetized our spice cabinet in anticipation of her visit. Well, she is like a family member now and I tidied up quickly hoping that would be enough. We discussed adopting a child with special needs, how Kofi and Joy are adjusting and how Emmi and Jake are doing. It was such a nice conversations and she offered great advice on our current questions about all our children.

Once she has a chance to type up the update, we are almost done with our dossier. Eric and I are getting our fingerprints done next week for our i600a. We are looking at our first trip and we think it will happen soon!

I know this will pick up pace soon, but right now it seems that things are moving slowly. I received a picture of our little girl today and my heart just aches for her. I want her to know she is loved and she will be the perfect addition to our family. Soon...

-Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment